Over the years, Sarvodaya Ashram has emerged as a resource centre for alternative education. It has imparted training to district coordinators of alternative education from all districts of the state. These coordinators manage and run alternative education centres under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (Education for All).
The training covered the topics like:
- How to associate children with alternative education centres
- How to maintain continuity of attendance of children enrolled in the centres
- Internal decoration and management of centres
- Quality education
- Child psychology
- How to get community cooperation
- How to impart activity based education
- How to associate parents and society with the centres
- How to measure progress of children
- Information about various programmes of alternative education
This project was funded by Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan.